Why do we collect personal data?
Collection of personal data for eVisitor registration
How do we collect personal data?
In accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, item c) and e) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27th April 2016 on the protection of individuals relating to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and with the Directive 95/46/EZ being repealed, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data may be collected for legitimate purposes of processing and for respecting legal obligations of processing managers as well as for the purpose of performing tasks of public interest or at execution of official authorities of the processing manager in the sense of obligations to provide access to the data.
The relevant regulations of the Republic of Croatia stipulate that the provider of accommodation services in a hospitality facility registered for providing accommodation services (i.e. tourist agency authorized by the provider of such services), is obliged to collect and record in the single system of visitor check-in and check-out eVisitor the following personal data of a person using the accommodation service (visitor/tourist):
1. Surname and first name
2. Place, country and date of birth
4. Type and identification document reference number
5. Place of residence (temporary residence) and adress
6. Date and time of arrival, i.e. departure from the facility
8. The basis for exemption from paying the sojourn tax i.e. for the reduction of the sojourn tax payment.
The relevant data is collected by the accommodation services provider and is processed by the providers of accommodation services in the hospitality facility, tourist boards and public authorities of the Republic of Croatia for the following legal purposes:
1. monitoring the implementation of the obligation of registering visitor check-in and check-out by the payer (accommodation service provider) pursuant to the Sojourn Tax Act (OG 152/08, 59/09, 97/13, 158/13 and 30/14) and the Ordinance on the manner of keeping visitor registers and the form and content of the form of registration of visitors with the tourist board (OG 126/15);
2. records, calculations, and collection of sojourn tax pursuant to the Sojourn Tax Act (OG 152/08, 59/09, 97/13, 158/13 and 30/14) and the Customs Services Act (OG 68/13, 30/14 and 115/16);
3. keeping a register or list of guests by the accommodation services provider and monitoring the implementation of the said obligation by the inspection authorities based on the Hospitality and Catering Industry Act (85/15 and 121/16) and Tourist Inspection Act (OG 19/14);
4. Registration of foreigners in the Ministry of the Interior and the monitoring of the implementation of the said obligation by the inspection authority pursuant to the Aliens Act (OG 130/11, 74/13 and 69/17) and Act on Police Affairs and Authorities (OG 76/09 and 92/14);
5. keeping records of tourists by tourist boards and statistical processing and reporting pursuant to the Sojourn Tax Act (OG 152/08, 59/09, 97/13, 158/13 and 30/14) and the Act on Tourist Boards and Promotion of Croatian Tourism (OG 152/08);
6. supervision of the business of accommodation service providers in the part related to the legality of providing registered services and compliance with taxation and other regulations on public contributions pursuant to the Customs Services Act (OG 68/13, 30/14 and 115/16), the General Tax Act (OG 115/16) and the Act on the Inspection of Road Transport and Roads (OG 22/14).
In consideration of article 5, paragraph 4 of the Ordinance on the manner of keeping records of tourists and the form and content of the registration of tourists with the tourist board, it has been prescribed that all information in the check-in and check-out of visitors is entered based on the information listed in the identity card, that is, some other travel or another identity document, the visitor/tourist is obliged to present to the accommodation services provider such a document and provide any other information required for the data entry, not contained in such a document.
In accordance with Article 6 of the Ordinance on the manner of keeping visitor registers and the form and content of the form of registration of visitors with the tourist board, the collected information is retained for a period of 10 years.
Thank you for understanding.
We require guests to send us pictures of personal id or passport with the clear id code. Please send us through the chat window or mail email@example.com.